1. Bring the source material to the Help Desk in Collier Library (Temporarily during the Covid-19 closure, please arrange retrieval by emailing University Librarian, Derek Malone at firstname.lastname@example.org;
2. Fill out a Canvas scanning request form;
3. Leave material with a staff member at the Help Desk if it's a personal copy;
4. We will digitize your material and email you a PDF;
5. The source material will then be available for pickup, or will be returned to you (per the request form).
* Email email@example.com at any time to check on the status of your scan request
Once the material is received by our department it should take no longer than five business days to scan the material(s) and provide you with a digitized PDF.
Non-standard size scans, or multi-chapter scans may take longer. Please email contact us ahead of time if you have any special requests.
The copyright law of the U.S. (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to make a photocopy or reproduction. One of the specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for a purpose which does not qualify as "fair use," or does not secure the necessary permissions from the copyright owner to publish, that user may be individually liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law or other applicable law.
REPRODUCTIONS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE USE OF THE REPRODUCTIONS PROVIDED IS ASSUMED BY THE REQUESTOR.